Summary: I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Buyer to join their Procurement team. You will be responsible for the procurement of all raw materials and indirect services. This will involve purchasing parts or raw materials from approved existing suppliers; as well as sourcing and negotiating with potential new suppliers too!
I am working with a Wellingborough based manufacturer of Special Purpose Machinery. They brand themselves as being an equal opportunities employer who can offer good training and development within a varied and challenging working environment.
This well-established Wellingborough based employer has a proven background in developing and manufacturing heavy industrial capital equipment and associated Special Purpose Machinery.
I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Buyer to join their Procurement team. You will be responsible for the procurement of all raw materials and indirect services. This will involve purchasing parts or raw materials from approved existing suppliers; as well as sourcing and negotiating with potential new suppliers too!
- You will need strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence; whilst also being a strategical thinker
- Ensure competitive tendering is undertaken for all direct and indirect purchasing requirements to ensure best cost, delivery and quality is achieved
- Process Bill of Materials and order requests
- Expedite and assist the Engineering Stores where necessary
- Maintain internal systems for ordering materials, supplies, and equipment
- Monitor supplier quality and delivery performance
- Communicate effectively with all areas of the business
- Work with the Management team on Procurement purchase strategy requirements
You will have will need to have a strong existing proven background in a medium/heavy Engineering Supply-Chain environment.
The salary for this is negotiable on your experience up to £30,000 per annum (maybe higher for an exceptional candidate) + paid overtime and good additional benefits too.
For more information and to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering
email to explain why you feel you should be considered for this post.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role, you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
iNTECH Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions.