Our client a manufacturer of heavy engineered products to the oil and gas industry now have a position for a Quality Engineer with extensive ERP experience to work within their manufacturing plant.
As a Quality Engineer you will:
- Assist the goods inward function by ensuring paperwork received is in accordance with planned requirements (as required)
- Develop inspection plans to ensure that product received is inspected in accordance with planned requirements.
- Report to the Quality Manager on a regular basis in identifying priorities for improvement, extensively utilising the ERP system
- Carry out internal audit activities, either as part of a team, or leading a team.
- Assist with maintaining a system of calibration for all measuring equipment within the site.
- Assist in promoting an awareness of the importance of Quality Assurance function within the company ensuring that any weaknesses identified are rectified and processes improved as appropriate in conjunction with the Quality Manager.
- Training of appropriate personnel will be required.
- Provide timely and effective advice and guidance on quality issues to other functions within the company ensuring that customer requirements are met.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and support the continuous improvement programme.
- Keep yourself up to date with relevant Quality issues and methods by means of training courses, seminars, technical publications etc.
- Promote a culture of co-operation and high morale within the department.
- Comply with Health and Safety and relevant company policy and procedures.
- You may be requested to perform any other task necessary for the effective running of the Quality Department.
At least five years' experience in a Quality Assurance role with experience of working to ISO9001 and extensive knowledge of ERP systems ideally within a fabrication or mechanical engineering environment.
For more information and to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering email to explain why you feel you should be considered for this post.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
iNTECH Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions.
Please note: All calls are recorded for training, quality and business purposes.