Category Buyer - Food
Description: I am working with a large and successful Food manufacturer who are based in South Lincolnshire and very accessible to many local towns and villages in: Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Rutland and Cambridgeshire.
Through an internal restructure, I am now tasked with finding an experienced Category Buyer who can manage all procurement resources so that supply costs and exposure across the business are minimised; whilst supplier performance is maximised of course!
Do you have the desire and determination to achieve success?
If so then this is a great opportunity for an experienced Strategic / Category Buyer to come in with bags of ambition and drive, which through hard work and results could realistically catapult yourself into a more senior position within 2 years!
Key accountabilities will include:
* Category Management - Lead and support contracts and supply agreements within business units
* Forecasting - Covering price movements for your allocated categories, provide accurate forecasts in line with timescales of the business
* Knowledge - Under the requirements of various internal and external customers and become an expert on markets and raw materials
* People - Develop relationships so you can work effectively with internal stakeholders, encourage them to utilise your category knowledge and expertise
* Risk Management - Have a structured approach to risk identifying potential supplier issues and take appropriate action where necessary
* Supplier Management - Manage relationships with Category Suppliers by measuring their performance and addressing potential areas for improvement. This all helps to ensure that business needs are met
* Technical - Have an appreciation of food risks and risk alerts and work closely with the technical department and coordinate and manage situations with suppliers
You will need a strong understanding of direct and indirect procurement within a relevant FMCG environment, be commercially astute, dynamic in your work, customer focused and have bags of energy.
Through my experience; this would suit an experienced Category Buyer that comes from an own label manufacturer or 3rd party manufacturing background, although I am not averse to a Branded FMCG / Food background either…………
There is flexibility on the basic salary up to £40,000 DOE + Bonus + pension + 25 days holiday + bank holidays + private medical. As you grow within the business, your benefits grow too.
What more could you seek from an employer than a great salary and benefits package, support and career progression all rolled into one!
For more information and to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering email to explain why you feel you should be considered for this post.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role, you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
iNTECH Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions.
Category Buyer - Food