Summary: Are you an experienced Chemist who has a passion for waste water treatment or more specifically Anaerobic Digestion?
Based in Bedfordshire
Salary negotiable on experience circa £25,000-£35,000 as a guideline
Are you an experienced Chemist who has a passion for waste water treatment or more specifically Anaerobic Digestion?
I currently have an interesting opportunity for an experienced Bio-chemist to work within a processing and water treatment facility. A key focus on this role will be Anaerobic Digestion!
As a Bio-Chemist you will be responsible for looking after the biology of the facility and the day to day running of the Anaerobic Digestion Plant.
Main Responsibilities: -
- Can you work effectively as part of a dedicated cross-functional operational team on the Anaerobic Digestion site?
- Optimise the biology to increase the rate of biogas production; whilst promoting and maintaining ideal digester conditions from a broad range of feedstocks available
- Ensure Quality Controls are met for to optimise plant efficiency, productivity and product control
- Undertake daily site sampling, testing, record keeping and reports
- Hold operational overview and control of the Anaerobic Digestion plant in accordance with the Site protocols
- Work closely with the supporting management, operators and the Commercial team
- Perform tests on a range of materials to ensure that they meet the needs of plant operations, maintenance engineering and development
- Take a hands-on and proactive approach to the timely resolution of process issues
- Assist with an out of hours alarm response rota
- Ensure and comply with specific Health & Safety policies/Code of Practice
- Develop and implement site Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work and Standard Operational Procedures
- And anything else you are told/politely asked to do in the best interest of the business!
Background I am seeking in you: -
- Degree educated or equivalent with relevance to this role
- A strong practical industrial biological background
- Previous laboratory experience is vital to this position
- Experience of arranging and performing critical laboratory tests for the Anaerobic Digestion plant
- Knowledge of test protocols
- The ability to work to safety standards
- Previous experience in water chemistry or a similar field would also be advantageous
For more information and to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering email to explain why you feel you should be considered for this post.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
iNTECH Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions.
Please note: All calls are recorded for training, quality and business purposes.