Description: HVAC Project Engineer
A leading testing and research consultancy are seeking a skilled HVAC engineer. The ideal candidate would also have project management or some form of workplace managerial/supervisory
experience. They should also have a rigorous approach to their work and experience in a UKAS accredited testing or scientific research environment would be an advantage
Some of these HVAC installations and test facilities can be complete bespoke solutions for their clients including the oversight of building mock Art Galleries, Hospital wards, prisons etc to then monitor the performance of the complete HVAC system and then evaluate and produce detailed reports and analysis for their clients.
The successful candidate will be required to:
* Manage laboratory and field based projects, including supervise sub-contractors and clients.
* Record and analyse test data and field measurements and prepare reports.
* Undertake desk-based studies and small scale research.
* Work to Standards and UKAS accredited test procedures.
* Develop new and one-off test procedures based on recognised standards as required, including test rig design.
* Manage, supervise and train technical staff including at times assist with the construction of test rigs and installation and calibration of measurement instrumentation.
This is an interesting and challenging role encompassing a wide range of mechanical skills and would suit a hands on mechanical engineer who has ideally worked within HVAC, Air conditioning, Building services, maintenance or environmental building controlled systems.
Desirable requirements include:
* Educated to degree or equivalent level and above in an engineering or science- related subject.
* Experience of working in a building services engineering related environment such as contracting, research or commercial consultancy.
* Commercial/financial awareness and business development experience.
* Sound knowledge/interest in current affairs relating to the environment and buildings and government policy implications.
* Experience of computer programming using a high-level language for numerical analysis, data acquisition or control.
The job will also include testing a range of products and systems to BS and CEN standards including heat pumps and ventilation products, which requires a high degree of accuracy and rigour. There will also be a requirement to assist in the project management for the development, construction and maintenance of our test rigs which will require a basic general competence in mechanical/ electrical/instrumentation work. Training will be offered to advance these skills as and when appropriate.
For more information and to apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering email to explain why you feel you should be considered for this post.
By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
iNTECH Recruitment act as both an employment agency for all permanent positions and as an employment business for temporary contract positions.
Please note: All calls are recorded for training, quality and business purposes.